Last updated: 04 th September 2019
This policy shall apply to all users, logged in or anonymous, who engage in the services provided directly or indirectly by Cotafer App. Beyond this policy, your use of the Cotafer app is subjected to its terms and condition.
- “Cotafer app” or “Cotafer application” or “application” refers to the Cotafer application that you downloaded and installed on your device for the purpose of using Cotafer services.
- “Cotafer services” or “Cotafer service” or “services” or “service” refers to the services, operations, functionalities, products and features provided by Cotafer App to its users. This includes services in both Cotafer Accommodation and Cotafer Trip.
- “Cotafer member” or “Cotafer members” or “member” or “members” or “logged in user” or “logged in users” refers to Cotafer users who registered with a Cotafer account. Cotafer members who create bookings and ride requests while they are logged in to their Cotafer account are able to manage their information in their user profile.
- “Anonymous user” or “Anonymous users” refers to users who use the services in Cotafer Accommodation without a Cotafer account; anonymous users are able to create bookings anonymously, but they are given a booking id and a pin code for each booking in order for Cotafer to verify their identity as the booking creator.
- “Users” or “user” refers to persons, individuals, entities who use and/or interact with the services provided by Cotafer App.
2. Information we collect
Cotafer collects the information listed below from you. Cotafer may also combine or merge the collected information together for the benefit of functionality of the app and data analysis.
A. Registered information
When you sign up for a Cotafer account, you are required to provide us with certain information including your phone number including country code; email address; and password. The password that you registered with shall be encrypted as a one way password, which we can use to verify your identity as a Cotafer user, but we cannot acquire your password in its original text format.
If you register as a Cotafer member using your social media account (Facebook and Google), we may collect certain information from your social media account that you publicly share on the platform, including but is not limited to your account id and link, first name, last name, gender, photographs, content of your About me, date of birth, phone numbers, email addresses, contacts or friends, religion, language, location, Facebook events and Facebook about user.
In addition, we also collected certain ancillary information when you register such as your registration date time, registered device information and device operating system.
B. User profile information
As member, you can manage certain information in your profile in order to facilitate your transaction and/or to enable you to customize your use of our services. If you use the services as a Cotafer member, we collect certain information in your user profile; this may include but is not limited to:
- Profile information: display name, photo, date of birth, gender, phone numbers, email address, country and city of residence, membership score and status, Facebook and/or Google ID if applicable.
- Payment method: payment or banking channel that you enabled and your credit and/or debit card information.
- Accommodation booking information: title, first name, middle name, last name, email address, country of residence, phone numbers, address of residence, city of residence and zip code or postcode.
- User preference settings: search preferences, newsletter preferences and notification preferences.
- Search preferences: smoking preference, star rating preference, favourite facilities/services and payment preferences.
- Newsletter preferences: how you would like to receive email from us and how you would like to hear about our latest promotion.
- Notification preferences: how you would like your notification to looks like.
- Settings: currency and language setting.
- Donation: total available donation amount, information of previous donation.
- Wishlist : list of properties that you have added to wishlist.
- Ratings and review:your rating score, list of ratings and reviews you made on your stay/properties.
C. Information from your interaction with Cotafer App
When you use Cotafer application, we collect basic information that is necessary for the application to function. This includes but is not limited to, your online status; geo-locations; and preferences and settings that you enable in your application settings. To help us understand and improve the quality of service that we provide, we automatically collect certain information about your interactions with Cotafer app such as the contents that you view, the dates and times of your visit and/or log in and/or log out, and all your interaction with the app.
Cotafer collects information arising from the transactions you made via the use of Cotafer services. This may include but is not limited to:
Transaction made with Cotafer Accommodation
- Property information such as property’s name, address, star rating, photographs, policies, facilities and services, review scores and number of reviews.
- Room information such as room’s name, photograph, maximum occupancy, amenities, bed options, extra bed options and room services options.
- Guest and booker information such as user id, number of adults, number of children, names, email address, phone number, physical address and debit/credit card information.
- Price information such as rooms’ price, net price, gross price, discount, taxes, service charges, special deal, special discount, reservation price, total price, donation amount, cancellation fee, no-show fee, commission and currency.
- Booking information such as booking id, pin code if applicable, booking’s status, rooms’ status, check-in and check-out dates, membership benefits, communication between the user and the property, number of rooms booked, number of night booked, rooms’ cancellation policy, booking’s date and time, cancellation date and time and prepayment information.
- Other ancillary information such as your internet protocol (IP) address, browser information, device information, device operating system and internet service provider (ISP).
- Donor information such as name, photo and name of individual the donation is dedicated to.
- Donation information such as donation ID, donated projects’ information (name, photos, organization’s name, category/tag, description, number of donors, number of recommenders, goal donation amount, raised donation amount) donated amount, donation date and time, donation certificate information.
By default, Cotafer also generates and manages certain information linked to your profile that gets updated every time you make a transaction, albeit successful or unsuccessful, with Cotafer app. Such information may include but is not limited to: available donation balance, donation membership points, membership status, star rating, completed ride count, ride cancellation count, completed booking count, cancelled booking count, no-show booking count, pending booking count, user wallet information, user reward information and user promotion information.
Ratings and reviews
As Cotafer user, you may rate and review the services provider with whom you have made transaction. Cotafer collect the information on the ratings and reviews that you made on accommodation after you completed the transactions. As user of Cotafer Accommodation service, your ratings and reviews include review title, review score, positive review comments, negative review comments and attachments. As user of Cotafer Trip service, your ratings and reviews include star ratings and review comments.
D. Information collected from device
We may collect certain information about the device(s) you use to operate the application including but is not limited to device models, mobile carrier and manufacturer, International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number, Internet Protocol (IP) address, application installation id, mobile operating systems and version, internet service provider (ISP) information, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information and mobile network information.
E. Information collected from third parties
We may collect your information including demographic data, payment information, vehicle information, fraud detection information and traffic information from third party sources such as:
- Governmental published information.
- Publicly available information.
- Marketing services providers or partners.
- Payment providers.
- Insurance or financial providers.
- Other business partners such as transport partners, ride-hailing partners, fleet partners.
F. Information you provide to us about third parties
You may provide to us, information of other individuals or third parties to enable certain features to function properly. You warrant that the information you provide have been consented by the individuals or third parties, to be collected, used and disclosed by us.
This information may include the following:
Information from Cotafer Accommodation
- Guest name(s) or Individuals for which you created a booking.
- In-app communication including your chat and/or note with the property
- Rating and reviews that you have made.
- Party providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
3. How we use the collected information
Cotafer may use the collected information for the following purposes:
A. Operation purpose
The collected information shall be used to provide a reliable service and operation to Cotafer users; maintain and improve on the quality of the services; and enforce safety and security to all parties involved. This may include but is not limited to:
- Identify, register and verify you as a rider.
- Administer and manage your account.
- Facilitate your rides and pre-order rides.
- Connect rider’s request to you and enable you to provide the transportation.
- Enable communication between Users.
- Track ride locations.
- to provide you with a report of ride services that you have provided.
- Provide promotions, discount.
- Provide customer support.
- Facilitate payments.
- Send SMS and notifications.
B. Research and development purpose
To improve on the application and the services, the collected information may be used for the research and development of new features and products. This may include but is not limited to:
- Develop, test and maintain the application.
- Enhance and personalize the application to meet your preferences and settings.
- Improve on the application: user interface, performance efficiency, user experience and functions.
- Process and respond to user feedback from users on the application.
- Development of new features and supporting applications.
C. Safety and security
The collected information may be used to ensure the safety and security of our operation. This includes but is not limited to:
- Verify users’ identity.
- Verify payment information.
- Enable riders to share their ride information to their friends and families.
- Track locations and provide support in case of emergency.
- Detect irresponsible, reckless or unsafe driving behaviour.
- Detect and prevent fraud, unsafe activities and crime.
- Provide ride information to the authorities as required by applicable law.
D. Marketing and promotions
We may use the collected information, to a reasonable quantity i.e. no more information than necessary, as a part of our marketing research & strategy and promotion campaign. This may include but is not limited to:
- Generate statistical and demographic data.
- Analyse data for the purpose of providing a strong customer services.
- Monitor and analyse user activities.
- Send you direct or targeted marketing communications, advertisement, promos, surveys, and information on special offers or promotions.
E. Legal purpose
Cotafer may use the collected information for legal purposes as allowed or required by applicable law. This shall include but is not limited to:
- Enforce our terms and conditions, policies and/or agreements with our user.
- Detect, investigate and prevent any prohibited, illegal or unauthorised activities.
- Fraud prevention.
- Comply with the applicable law, court orders, legal requirements and regulations.
- Resolve disputes and/or claims.
4. Disclosure of collected information
Some of Cotafer’s features and services require that we disclose certain collected information to several parties. These parties include the following:
- Cotafer’s affiliates.
- Third parties.
- Authority figures.
A. Disclosure of information to Cotafer’s affiliates.
To help us operate our services, Cotafer reserves the right to disclose collected information with its affiliates, subsidiaries, associated companies and other joint entities.
B. Disclosure of information to third parties
Cotafer may disclose certain collected information to third parties in order to provide the products, services and features to its users. These third parties include services providers and Cotafer’s business partners.
Cotafer may disclose certain information to services providers to enable them to perform certain functions on our behalf and provide services to Cotafer and its users. This may include but is not limited to:
- Payment channel providers and process facilitators.
- Cloud storage providers.
- Insurance providers.
- Vehicle maintenance partners, vendors and suppliers.
- Background check and fraud prevention service providers.
Cotafer’s business partners
Cotafer shares collected information with our partners, agents, vendors, suppliers, contractors and any other parties who assist or cooperate with us in our operation and product development. This may include the following:
- Service providers for research, analysis and feasibility study.
- Consultant for marketing and product development.
- Finance and consultation partners.
- Collaborator or partners who provide users with discounts and promotions.
C. Disclosure of information to authority
Cotafer reserves the right to disclose collected information in order to comply with the applicable law, court orders, legal requirements and regulations. The collected information shall be disclosed to the authority figures such as government bodies, law enforcement officials and any other parties that enforce regulations on Cotafer’s operation and services.
Cotafer shall disclose requested information to authority in the event of dispute and claims, as required by applicable law. We may disclose certain information to authority if we think it is just to do so, in the even that our rights, properties, safety and operation are endangered or threatened or at risk. We also disclose information when we are requested, expected, advised or obligated to do so by legal advisors, local government or any other authority figures.
6. Correction of personal information
In certain cases, Cotafer Users have access to modify certain of their registered and profile information without prior notice to Cotafer. In other cases, Cotafer Users are required to request access to modify certain registered and profile information on condition that they provide sufficient information and/or document supporting the request for such correction. They may do so by contacting Cotafer at the details provided in section 8. Cotafer reserves the right to deny such request if we find or have reasonable suspicion that the request is not legal or unauthorised or does not contain accurate information.
7. Information retention
Cotafer retains users’ information for as long as they maintain their Cotafer account and for as long as it is required to fulfil the purpose for which the information was collected.
Cotafer shall cease retention of users’ information:
- When it is no longer necessary for the collected information to be retained for the provision of services and operation.
- When the retention no longer serves the purpose for which the information was collected.
- In the event that Cotafer no longer have a necessity, purpose or legal mean to retain the collected information.
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Following such request, Cotafer deletes the information that it is not required to retain, and restricts access to or use of any information it is required to retain.
Cotafer retains information on transactions, locations, usages and other information forever in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance or other requirements in the places in which it operates. Cotafer thereafter removes or renders such information anonymous in accordance with applicable laws.
There is a possibility that some of the collected information might be retained by Users in some unauthorized way such as by means of screen capture or information record. Cotafer claims no responsibilities and liabilities for such unauthorised information retention. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify Cotafer, our officers, employees, agents, suppliers, contractors and affiliates from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages and costs resulted directly or indirectly from unlawful or unauthorised use of the retained information.
8. Policy amendments and updates
9. Contact us
522, street 1986,
Sangkat Phnom Penh Thmey, Khan Sen Sok,
Phnom Penh 12101, Cambodia.